Mandeville Private Client Inc.
Mandeville Private Client Inc. ("Mandeville PC") is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our clients' personal information. Clients should know how we ensure the security of information and adhere to privacy legislation; therefore we make available the following information relating to our policies and procedures.
Mandeville PC only collects, uses and discloses clients' Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Administering your account(s);
- Offering and providing investment, insurance products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity;
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of Mandeville PC's collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Mandeville PC or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an investment, insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to Mandeville PC);
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Mandeville PC (or our agent) for a specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Mandeville PC will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain personal information or withdrawing consent for Mandeville PC to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with investment products, insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives by us or our affiliates for products or services, please contact the Privacy Officer at (905) 331-4255, extension 7001.
LIMITING COLLECTION/RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Mandeville PC will only collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes (see "Identified Purposes" above) or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. Mandeville PC will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
Mandeville PC will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Mandeville PC will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the Personal Information.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings.
If you are not satisfied with Mandeville WS's response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. The office is open during normal business hours (8:30-4:30) and the toll-free number is: 1-800-282-1376. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada does not process complaints via email, however you may write to them at:
112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1H3
Mandeville PC Privacy Officer: Alison Fletcher
Phone: (905) 331-4255, ext 7001
- References to "client", "you" or "your" will include any individual who has requested, applied for or been supplied with products and services by Mandeville PC and any other individual for whom the client has acted as agent, guardian or representative.
- Personally identifiable information about a client is considered personal information ("Personal Information") and includes, but is not limited to, home address, social insurance number, income, employment history, marital status and medical information.